Hearthworks: home of tipis and yurts. Tipi and yurt manufacture, hire and sale.
Our Vision as Quality Yurt & Tipi Manufacturers:
– To help others enjoy Tipis and Yurts and experience the goodness in simple living, close to the earth.
– To manufacture the finest quality Tipis and Yurts, that are as practical and durable as possible, while maintaining their traditional and aesthetic qualities, and to continually assess and improve our designs.
– To provide beautiful Tipis and Yurt for hire, that inspire and uplift people, and give a taste of how wonderful these spaces can be.
– To aim for standards of excellence in both our manufacturing and our hire service, and maintain the best possible relationships with our clients.
– To be an ethical business, community based, and act responsibly towards people and planet, supporting fair trade, local artisans and all the people who work with us.
– To promote cultural awareness and the wisdom of indigenous peoples, and support the survival of ancient skills, tribal crafts and traditional knowledge.
Hearthworks take care to minimise their environmental impact across the manufacture and deployment of their tipis and yurts.
-Yurt frames and Tipi poles are all made from local, sustainably sourced wood.
-Tipi and Yurt Covers all made from robust long-lasting Polycotton Canvas.
-After sales servicing, repairs and advice ensures maximum lifespan.
-Many of the materials/products are biodegradeable, eg. wooden frames, tipi poles, tent pegs, pure wool felt covers.
-Staff and sub-contractors based in local community and utilising car-sharing wherever possible
-Choice of vehicles and transport companies prioritises fuel efficiency and reducing mileage.
-Yard and office heating and hot water systems have been made as efficient as possible.
-All lighting demands at base and at off-grid locations are met by use of energy saving CFL bulbs and as they expire they are replaced with very efficient SMD LED lighting.
-All waste is recycled, excluding wood which is used as fuel for heating, and biological waste which is composted
-Insulation – the office and main sewing area are insulated and draughts have been identified and dealt with.
-Priority is given to local suppliers and family businesses wherever possible.
-The products imported from the Kyrgyz Republic are purchased according to fair trade principles and support a traditional cottage industry of local handicraft products. Unfortunately these products cannot be found in the U.K.
Hearthworks are also planning to integrate their off-grid power generation investment for use at festivals (currently a solar array) with their grid mains system when not in use.
Sector:Festivals and Outdoor Events
Products / Services:Camping ServicesEvent Infrastructure (including Temporary Structures)
Hearthworks Tipis & Yurts